Monday, February 9, 2009

What's All The Fuss About Octuplets?

Doesn't seem like such a big deal. My wife, Myra, has had octuplets
since this past Christmas. Of course, they're hedgehogs, but
still. Our daughter and son-in-law found them in the Loch Ness Gift
Shop. Here they are, sitting on a row of my mystery novels during our recent
Puget Sound Sisters in Crime Holiday Gathering. That's Sister Morrie
Robkin in the chair behind them.
All together, counting plush hedgehogs, glass and ceramic hedgehogs,
concrete, metal, and pine-cone hedgehogs, Myra has well over a
thousand of the little guys. So what's all the commotion about a
mere fourteen sibs?

2 comments:

Steve said...

Although this may appear as a bit of a non-sequitur, I thought it appropriate to advise you that Blacktone Audio's recent audiobook production of THE KING OF RAGTIME was just awarded an Earphones Award by AudioFile Magazine, the preeminent publication addressing spoken word recordings.
Congratulations from all at Blackstone.

Larry said...

Sequitur or non, thank you. That's wonderful. I thought Mirron Willis' reading of THE KING OF RAGTIME was superb. When I heard Stark's "voice," I was astonished. It was exactly as I'd heard it as I wrote the book.